Kai Chen is currently a research director at SenseTime. He is leading two
team in Research Center and a R&D team for business. The teams
target at developing
state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms for research and industrial
applications, as well as
building influential open-source
platforms for training and deployment.
He received the PhD degree in The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2019, under the supervision of Prof. Dahua Lin and Chen Change Loy at MMLab. Before that, he received the B.Eng. degree from Tsinghua University in 2015.
We have opening positions for self-motivated interns and full-time researchers/engineers. If you are interested please send me an email.Google Scholar Github
2019 - present
2019.02 - 2019.05
Facebook AI Research (FAIR)
2015 - 2019
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
2011 - 2015
- Two papers accepted to NeurIPS 2021.
- One paper accepted to TPAMI.
- MMTracking, MMOCR and MMGeneration are released.
- Two papers accepted to CVPR 2021.
- One paper accepted to AAAI 2021.
- We announced 6 new open-source projects on OpenMMLab. See our website for details.
- One paper accepted to ECCV 2020 (Spotlight).
- One paper accepted to CVPR 2020.
- We won the 1st prize in COCO 2019 Object Detection Challenge (without external data). (Team: MMDet)
- One paper accepted to ICCV 2019 (oral).
- Three paper accepted to CVPR 2019.
- We released MMCV and MMDetection, a high quality object detection codebase.
- MMCV: MMDetection:
- We won the COCO 2018 Object Detection Challenge. (Team: MMDet) (slides)
- One paper accepted to CVPR 2018.
- One paper accepted to CVPR 2017 (Spotlight).
CARAFE++: Unified Content-Aware ReAssembly of FEatures
Jiaqi Wang, Kai Chen, Rui Xu, Ziwei Liu, Chen Change Loy, Dahua Lin
Towards Balanced Learning for Instance Recognition
Jiangmiao Pang, Kai Chen, Qi Li, Zhihai Xu, Huajun Feng, Jianping Shi, Wanli
Ouyang, Dahua Lin
Temporal ROI Align for Video Object Recognition
Tao Gong, Kai Chen, Xinjiang Wang, Qi Chu, Feng Zhu, Dahua Lin, Nenghai Yu,
AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2021
MMDetection: Open MMLab Detection Toolbox and Benchmark
Kai Chen, Jiaqi Wang*, Jiangmiao Pang*, Yuhang Cao, Yu Xiong, Xiaoxiao Li,
Sun, Wansen Feng, Ziwei Liu, Jiarui Xu, Zheng Zhang, Dazhi Cheng, Chenchen Zhu,
Tianheng Cheng, Qijie Zhao, Buyu Li, Xin Lu, Rui Zhu, Yue Wu, Jifeng Dai, Jingdong
Wang, Jianping Shi, Wanli Ouyang, Chen Change Loy, Dahua Lin
Tech report, arXiv, 2019
Video Object Segmentation with Re-identification
- CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, AAAI, BMVC, ACM MM
- TPAMI, IJCV, JMLR
- IERG4080: Building Scalable Internet-based Services
- IERG3810: Microcontrollers and Embedded Systems Laboratory
- chenkai sensetime.com