Kai Chen is a vice director at SenseTime, leading the algorithm platform team of EIG
Research (EIG: Emerging Innovations Group, a BG of SenseTime). The team
targets at developing
state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms for research and applications, and
building an advanced
platform for training and deployment.
He received the PhD degree in The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2019, under the supervision of Prof. Dahua Lin and Chen Change Loy at MMLab. Before that, he received the B.Eng. degree from Tsinghua University in 2015.
His research interests include computer vision and deep learning, particularly focusing on object detection, segmentation and video understanding.
We have opening positions for interns and full-time researchers/engineers, see here for details. If you are interested please contact me via email.CV Google Scholar Github
2015 - present
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
2011 - 2015
2019.02 - 2019.05
Facebook AI Research (FAIR)
- One paper accepted to CVPR 2020.
- We won the 1st prize in COCO 2019 Object Detection Challenge (without external data). (Team: MMDet)
- One paper accepted to ICCV 2019 (oral).
- Three paper accepted to CVPR 2019.
- We released MMCV and MMDetection, a high quality object detection codebase.
- MMCV: MMDetection:
- We won the COCO 2018 Object Detection Challenge. (Team: MMDet) (slides)
- One paper accepted to CVPR 2018.
- One paper accepted to CVPR 2017.
Prime Sample Attention in Object Detection
Yuhang Cao, Kai Chen, Chen Change Loy, Dahua Lin
Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2020
Side-Aware Boundary Localization for More Precise Object Detection
Jiaqi Wang, Wenwei Zhang, Yuhang Cao, Kai Chen, Jiangmiao Pang, Tao Gong,
Jianping Shi, Chen Change Loy, Dahua Lin
Tech report, arXiv, 2019
MMDetection: Open MMLab Detection Toolbox and Benchmark
Kai Chen, Jiaqi Wang*, Jiangmiao Pang*, Yuhang Cao, Yu Xiong, Xiaoxiao Li,
Sun, Wansen Feng, Ziwei Liu, Jiarui Xu, Zheng Zhang, Dazhi Cheng, Chenchen Zhu,
Tianheng Cheng, Qijie Zhao, Buyu Li, Xin Lu, Rui Zhu, Yue Wu, Jifeng Dai, Jingdong
Wang, Jianping Shi, Wanli Ouyang, Chen Change Loy, Dahua Lin
Tech report, arXiv, 2019
Video Object Segmentation with Re-identification
- CVPR'20, AAAI'20, CVPR'19, ICCV'19, BMVC'19, BMVC'18, ECCV'18, ACM MM'18,
- TPAMI, IJCV, JMLR
- IERG4080: Building Scalable Internet-based Services
- IERG3810: Microcontrollers and Embedded Systems Laboratory
- chenkai sensetime.com